RP World

Choose between different RPs, create a character and join in.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chapter One

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 am

Luke held his hands up and took a single step back. "I ahh.. I.." This woman was very intimidating. Luke knew that if he said one wrong thing that she wouldn't hesitate to cut out his head.
Standing in front of Sora. Protective of her own kind. Suspicious of strangers. Stuttering is not a good way to begin conversation.
Hand near belt.. Hidden weapon. Possibly a blade. A knife. Hunting? Not the only hidden weapon. Other choices. Gun, also possibly hidden by her waist.
Another blade in boot. Possibly more than one.

As Luke took in a deep breath to answer. He paused though because as he opened his mouth, Sora had begun to clutch on to the woman's leg.
"Satori." He panted, the pain from having his knee forced back into place finally dulling. "He saved me. He dragged me out of that... that god forsaken place."

In the silence that followed, Dean took a step forward and frowned. He knew that the tenets of this building had some sort of freaky business, but he had no idea that it involved something like this. "What? I'm sorry, am I missing something here?"

Left out of the loop. Doesn't know about secret group. Doesn't know about demons. Human.

Luke clears his throat. "My names Luke." He begins carefully, never removing his eyes from Satori once they had fallen on her again. "I came from S.H.A.D.E.D. I worked there. I took your friend from out of there as they were trying to do something to his brain. I havn't touched him or caused any of his injuries."

"He killed at least three of them as we escaped." Sora sighed out as he lay back. He turned to Sam. "Do you have anything for the pain?"

Dean flailed slightly from his spot. He was still confused here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:37 am

Satori shifted her hand from Sora's chest to his shoulder, other hand flexing before settling on her knee - away from her side. "You try to go anywhere before we've spoken about this, you take a single step out of the room, and you'll desperately wish you hadn't." She warned quietly, still ignoring Dean.

"I do, but I can't risk giving you anything unless you can give me enough information about what they actually managed to do to your head, because until I know that, it's just too dangerous. You won't feel it anymore, but you might never actually wake up again." Sam said, ignoring the terse speaking overhead and leaning over Sora again to get a better look at his eyes - moving between shadowing them and exposing them to the ceiling light - and shaking his head briefly and leaning back on his heels, removing his gloves so he could go through the kit again for a needle and some tweezers for the glass. "Tell me what you can and I'll make a decision."

Finally letting at least some of her attention shift from Luke, Satori regarded Dean. "You have two choices," She said straight up, "A; you forget anything unusual you heard today, accept our deepest thanks and gratitude for your hand in this, and leave now, or B; in which you decide you actually have a pretty clear memory after all and this gets complicated very quickly." Head tilted, she regarded him closely, "Which isn't actually a threat - you're firmly on our good side - but definitely not preferable. Trust me, you don't want to know."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:47 am

"Don't want to kn-" Dean scoffed. His hand flew out as he motioned to Sora. "That kid nearly died for knowing something! I like my body as is thank you. If I can go back to being ignorant I will gladly take that blue pill, thank you." He folded his arms over his chest and glanced around the room nervously. He only moved when he heard Sora begin to speak.
The mans hands flew to his heard, he made a loud and continuous noise before fleeing the room.

Sora continued to talk as if Dean hadn't had his break down. "- There was a lot of lights... They kept checking a machine that was close to my bed. My head hurt. For days my head ached and then.... Then There were splashes of red and Luke lifting me up."
He turned and looked at Luke. Luke shifted on his feet and ran a nervous hand through his hair as Sora explained the rest of what had happened during their escape.
"So, pain killers?"

"Here. This may help." A man who Luke hadn't even noticed before was now standing over by Sora and the doctor. He was holding out what appeared to be a band-aid. His face completely serious.
Simple. Easily confused. Child-like in thought. Familiar face. Underwear model. Jacket is worn, though the weather is no longer cold. Seems uncomfortable in skin. Maybe doesn't notice temperature change. One to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Satori snorted and crossed to shut the door after Dean as he fled the room, standing in place by the doorway, standing easily but clearly ready to move quickly if need be, scanning over the room (and definitely keeping a far closer eye on Luke than any of the others - not even sparing Calvin a glance. The lines of tension creasing Sam's forehead eased somewhat and he cast a bemused smile up at Calvin, solemnly accepting the bandaid and applying it to the side of Sora's cheek.

"Thank you," he said rather seriously to Calvin, not even vaguely mocking, and then he turned back to Sora, "Unfortunately, given that we don't know what has happened, the best I can do is offer you some Panadeine Forte; it's better than nothing, might take the edge off. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give you anything else. We just don't know how you'll react to it if there's the possibility of brain trauma - even for you. You'll just have to ride it out." He said regretfully, shaking three pills into the palm of his hand; "Calvin, a glass of water, if you would?" He asked, glancing quickly up at the man again.

"Were they trying to do something to his brain, or did they actually do something?" Satori asked stolidly from her position against the door, folding her arms loosely across her chest, fingers twitching slightly. "That's a vital piece of information you haven't exactly been clear about - is there anything else that you can tell us?" Sam grimaced slightly, watching the conversation with clearly visible concern as he waited for Calvin to return with the water.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Calvin stood insistently after hearing the request. First he had to find a clean glass. How were glasses cleaned...
He lifted one from the counter. Its outside was covered in a few smudges. "Clean." The angel muttered to himself as he filled the glass.

Sora groaned in disappointment and let his head fall back. He turned to frown at Sam some. "Do you at least have some of my spare glasses around here?"
Sora had taken to buying and stashing large bulkes of his prescription glasses around everyone's apartments. He had misplaced his glasses one too many times, and he had grown weary of walking home without them. So he found it easier, and cheaper to just horde and stash.

Luke stepped away from Sora and closer to Satori. The boy had been through enough without having to hear the details of his containment.
"I don't know much. I was security. As far as I can tell though, it looked like they were either trying to remove something or insert something into his brain." He bit his lip as he looked back at the boy. "Jesus... what the hell did I get myself into?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:58 pm

The moment he stepped closer, Satori's muscles tightened in a subtle shift into a defensive stance, poised once more on the balls of her feet, though she made no active move otherwise, and this change would only be noticeable to anyone paying enough attention. "One hell of a difficult situation," She muttered, eyes hard as they locked on him, narrowing slightly. "Nothing personal, but we've had some trouble with people getting too close before, so no matter how it might look, or whatever you say - instead of actually 'valiantly' saving him, you might have-"

"You know, he could just as well be telling the truth;" Sam commented quietly, helping Sora sit up enough to take the pills with the water, then moving him to lie down once more. Satori's eyes narrowed as she transferred her gaze to the doctor, straightening in indignation as he calmly carried on neatening Sora's pillow before moving just enough to collect a pair of glasses from the bottom level of the small coffee table shoved up against the wall. He never actually looked up at her, too focused on Sora, but his mouth tightened into a grimace as he spoke. "I haven't exactly turned on you; and I rather think I've been useful to have around. Don't you think it might be worth giving him the benefit of the doubt? No matter what he was doing working for them - might I just add that I was working for them too - he did save Sora. That must say something, at the least."

"Maybe," She said dryly, one eyebrow rising on her forehead, but her stance shifted down slightly. "Maybe. Regardless," She said, aiming the words at Luke once more, "this isn't going to be a nice little situation where we just thank you and let you go, considering the possibility that you're just going to go back and report on exactly where we are. Understand, right now you're a threat, and you're going to have to be nearby until you've been cleared. Is that going to be a problem, or can we assume that so far you're going to be agreeable about this?"

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 am

"Yeah." Luke nodded. He knew better than to argue with this woman, even if he didn't exactly agree with what she was saying... Or who they were for that matter. All he knew was that he saved some kid about to be dissected, followed the directions said kid gave them and ended up here.
"But if I'm going to have to what you say, I wouldn't mind knowing what I've actually gotten myself into." He shifted on his feet slightly, feeling less brave then his words may make him appear.

Sora frowned at the roof. Though he could now see properly, his brain was aching even worse. He blame the lack of visual correction that he had, had to suffer the past few weeks.
The young man turned his gaze to Sam, his frown still firmly set. "Now my brain hurts more-" He was cut off by the sound of the front door swinging open again. This time a frantic Yuki (Wearing only a lose singlet and shorts) was rushing in, arms and legs looking out of place as he rushed. He moved back and forth from the door to Sora as he spoke in one fluid breath.

"Whats going on, I got this text and then- Look at your head! Jesus look at his head! Has anyone else seen his head I mean its got all this... His head man! Satori!" The newcomer paused in order to take in a deep breath and turn to the woman in the room. He frowned deeply when his eyes landed on the stranger. At first he seemed to try and determine if he had met this man before, then if he had seen him around. Finally he landed on the possibility of the stranger being an unknown and smirked at him.
Yuki lent against the door frame, pulling his most suave face. He grinned. "Hey there. I'm Yuki."

Relaxed. Confident. Ate Spagetti before coming over. Lipstick on collar. Possible girlfriend? More like one time lover.
Knife hidden in his right boot. A gun holster under his shirt. Gun is loaded.

"Ahh... Luke?" The stranger glanced between Yuki and Satori. At the moment, he wasn't sure who was more frightening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:07 am

"Yuki, Luke here broke Sora out of a SHADED lab, apparently took out a few of them on his way out. I don't trust him, so don't do anything stupid, and yes, we've all seen his head," She said, deadpan, before turning back to Luke, "And as for you; we're a group that's taken rather well to doing whatever we can to stall your organisation while they do everything they can to brutally torture and manipulate my kind. I'm sure I don't need to explain that part to an employee - especially not with Sora right there-"
"You mean former employee," Sam interjected, repositioning himself by Sora's feet with a few sharp utensils and a small plastic container for the slivers of glass, tilting Sora's foot carefully to get a better look. "And one with apparently no involvement with any of this," He wove a hand over Sora and then plucked out a piece of glass with a pair of tweezers.

"Former employee," She amended irritably. "We're entirely dedicated to stopping your lot before they wipe us clean off the planet, and you're currently in the middle of our main locale. That's the situation, that's what's going on. You're lucky that he was awake." She added before crossing back to the doorway to close it once again, turning on her heel and fishing out her phone from her pocket, sliding her thumb down the screen. "And now half of our number are out to make sure you didn't invite a party back with you. You're going to stay here, nearby - we'll sort something out - and we'll have someone keep an eye on you until we've made a decision."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 am

Luke remained silent as he watched her. There was no point in wasting breath on babbling at this point. Truthfully, he wanted to get as far from her as possible before they came to blows. He could understand her wanting to make sure that... whatever it was her group was safe, but he had risked his neck to bring back someone he didn't even know.
He deserved some kind of recognition that didn't pass off as a half-hearted 'thank you.'

"Are we-" Yuki pushed himself off the door frame to stand at full height. He motioned between Satori and Luke, "Are we doing that intimidate thing? I can totally be on board for that intimidate thing." He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at the stranger.
He pointed to Luke. "Don't test us boy." He said in his best gravelly old western voice. "We got tricks you don't even know about."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:00 am

"Yuki, if you're not going to take this seriously then you can get out of-"
"My apartment?" Sam asked, finally rocking back on his heels to look up and meet her glare without hesitation, leaving the container by his side, "Are you suggesting that he leaves my apartment? Because I'm not kicking him out, so I think your opinion is, forgive me, mostly moot."
"He could be working for them," she shot back, looking at Yuki and pointing an accusatory finger in Luke's direction. "This has already happened once, doesn't it just seem a little unlikely? I don't trust him,"
"You don't trust me-"
"No I don't," She said, laughing a little in a way devoid of humour and not sounded even slightly sorry.
"He saved Sora. If he hadn't, he'd be dead. There's no other way around that." Sam said, much quieter, brows drawing together in frustration as he looked up at her. "So give him the base courtesy of not threatening him for at least a day. The small room down the hall, that's empty, isn't it? If you arrange that, we can keep an eye on him, and you can stop throwing your weight around. Look at him; do you think he's really in a state to take down an entire floor of demons?"

Satori looked Luke over, grimaced, and turned for the door, tossing him a quick glance over her shoulder. "Thank you for bringing him back; hurt anyone and die." The door clicked shut behind her, and Sam stood up, tossing the antiseptic wipe he'd just cleaned his hands with into the small bin.
"On that note," He said somewhat awkwardly, casting a sidelong look at the door, "Are you hurt? Now's a good time to bring it up - and we really do owe you more than a favour."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:04 am

Luke visibly relaxed at the departure of the woman. He turned to Sam and gave him a small, side smile. He shook his head. "Mostly exhaustion. I had drag his weight for a long while." He motioned to Sora. The boy gave a slight offended huff in reply, but didn't say anything. In fact he smiled.
Luke smiled softly himself. "Right now I just want something to eat and somewhere to sleep."

During Lukes denial of injury, Yuki had left. He had offered a quick goodbye to Calvin to pass along before walking out of the apartment. He followed after Satori at a slight run.
he reached out to take hold of her arm. "Hey, wait up!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:25 am

"Well we've got an empty room right now, just through there," He said, nodding towards down the hall. "Last door on the right. It's nothing special, but if that's okay for the night, you're more than welcome there. If you'd rather the couch, of course, I mean, that's fine, but the offer's there." He smiled uncertainly and gave a small shrug, "We've got vegetarian stir-fry leftovers, or... I can make toast? Bit low on supplies, right now. We could order you something in, if you wanted? I... Wasn't really expecting- Well, obviously," He huffed out a nervous laugh, rubbing at his forehead. "Whatever you like. We did the same thing, so you know- Defecting, from- I guess you knew that already too. Anyway, thank you, for bringing him back."

---

Satori snatched her arm back, spun around on her heel and just looked at Yuki, grimacing and abandoning any form of defensive posture once she set eyes on him. She was quiet for a few seconds, then shook her head, mouth in a thin line, "I have a room to organise, you have a human to defend, and I'd really like to be back in my flat, right now," She said simply, folding her arms tight over her chest. "So go ahead."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:30 am

Luke just gave the man a gentle smile. "No, thank you for defending me. She's kinda scary." he motioned with his head towards the door as he placed his hands into his pockets.
A frown overtook his face. He removed his hands and began to pat down the pockets on his pants. "Damn it. I've lost my wallet..."

Sora let out a laugh. "I still have mine! If doc gives me some stronger pain killers I may decide to order Pizza." He smiled at Sam in a way he hoped was adorable.

---

Yuki couldn't stop the smile that spread across his face. "If you think for one second that I wasn't on your side, than your an idiot." He reached out and placed his hands on both her arms slowly. "Always on your side, Satori. I might not always defend you, but never think I'm not on your side. Sometimes though, things need to be one in a more subtle manner."
He let one hand drop from her arm to reach into his pocket. He pulled out a small leather wallet. "What do you say we forgo our previous plans of defending and organizing to do a bit of snooping and background checking?" He grinned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:45 am

"Doc will never give you anything again if you continue to refer to him as 'Doc'" Sam remarked with a small smile, "You can try all you like; but no matter what you're expecting, brain injuries and pain medication are simply not something I'm comfortable mixing, not without knowing what kind of injury it is - and there's no telling until I can get you into the medical office; I'd need the right equipment, can only start planning that tomorrow, and by then you'll probably have healed most of it anyway, so-" He explained before cutting himself off when he realized it wasn't immediately relevant.

"I can order pizza." He said, fumbling for his phone, "Preferences? And be glad you've lost your wallet, the ID card turned out to be chipped." He said offhandedly.

---

Satori's shoulders sagged slightly, relaxing where she stood when she caught sight of the wallet, a small smile curling the corners of her lips despite her prior mood. "That sounds like a fairly good substitute. I disagree on the subtlety - you've got to admit it's getting weird - they always know what we're doing, they always know where to catch us, there's- They know, and now there's another one of them here? There's already something going on and we're completely missing it. Now another one. It gets my hackles up," She muttered, rolling her shoulder. "Let's just agree to incarcerate the next one, no questions asked," She joked humorlessly, giving the wallet another quick glance. "Mine? Mori's out, Sadi's out, we'll have plenty of PCs."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:50 am

Yuki grinned at Satori. His eyes showed a glint of mischief. "Oh Satori, If you wanted to get me alone all you had to do was ask. You know I can't resist you in those pants. I can't resist getting you out of them more."
He gave her a once over, grin still in place.

---

"Oh Brilliant." Luke muttered. It was a good thing his wallet was lost after all but... that thing had a few sentimental items in it he would have preferred to keep close at hand.
"hey, if you don't have much money I can see what you have around here." He made his way to the kitchen, rolling his sleeves up as he went. "You'd be amazed what I can make with very little."

Sora whined and pouted at the Doctor. "You're style is horrible, you smell, I hate you and my everything hurts! Please? I promise to be awesome and stuff."

Luke looked over his shoulder. "Sam, it was Sam right?" He waited a moment for confirmation. "He was out on some pretty heavy sedatives for quite a few days."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:13 pm

"Well get in line," she said, smile canting upwards into a smirk, "actually, might have to take a ticket. Waiting time of about three weeks; I'll be in touch." She winked and gave him a pat on the shoulder before starting off to her doorway, just starting to lose some of the residual tension - didn't have to be her problem, Sam could be the consulting human for a night. She opened the door and held it open with her foot as she waited for Yuki.

---

"But they're not known for keeping their health in high regard." He said, actually wringing his hands for a second before he noticed and started tugging down his sleeves instead, biting the inside of his cheek and considering his medical kit. "I'll- Start with a medium dose, then, and monitor it-" He nodded to himself and started sorting through the box again.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Yuki grinned as he stepped into the apartment. "Lets see how long you can resist me, Satori." He winked at her over his shoulder. "As I recall, you never could very long. Oh! Left over Chinese." He rushed to the dining table that had a few containers of discarded take out. He opened up one of the boxes and began to eat with his hands.
"Lets face it." he said through a mouthful. "I'm pretty darn awesome in bed."

----

Sora let out a loud and triumphant, "Whoop!" He lay back with a large grin plastered to his face. Goodbye pain and hello to awesome feelings.

Luke smiled softly to himself as he set about making some pasta. He had managed to find a few vegetables in the fridge, some olive oil and some spaghetti in the kitchen.
Luckily it was all he needed to make some home made pasta sauce to go with the spaghetti.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:00 pm

"And you're... Incredible with your... hands," She said, dubiously eyeing him as he used his fingers to pick through the meal. "And that's- Possibly the most unattractive way to eat; thanks for uh, keeping your mouth open while you eat- You just sold yourself out of a night with me. Well done. Oh-- God, do you have to do that?" She asked in sheerly morbid fascination, "The... Sound, is disturbing- Just give me the wallet," She said, extending the palm of her hand and rolling her eyes.

---

Huffing a small laugh, Sam pulled on a new pair of gloves and tore the wrapping off a hypodermic, injecting the top of a small bottle and drawing out a measure of the drug. "If your healing isn't quite up to scratch yet, you'll probably feel it pretty quickly in your state." Sam said, disinfecting a patch of skin just above the crook of Sora's elbow, "If we're lucky you'll get some more sleep, that will help, let me know if something doesn't feel right. We'll move you to the couch, get you a blanket." He said with a gentle smile before slipping the needle under his skin - trying to be careful. The skin was bruised, pock-marked, they hadn't been nearly as careful.

That done he taped down a cotton bud and disposed of the gloves and the needle in the same bin as before, pressing his fingers carefully against his wrist to count out his pulse prior to the drug, just so he had something to reference later. You never knew. "Sorry, Luke, can I just- I know you've been carrying him all night, but would you mind helping me get him up onto the couch?" Sam asked hesitantly, setting the small bottle back into place in the med-kit. "Now his knee is in the right place, he can be moved, but we need to keep him level, and that's not easy with one person," He said apologetically, rubbing at his forearm and considering Sora.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Luke stopped chopping the tomatoes too come over and help. He decided the best option would be for him to take Sora under the arms and for Sam to take him under the legs.
Luke really didn't want to risk popping that knee out of place and knowing his luck it would probably happen.
"On three. One, two... Three."
Sora really wasn't all that heavy, but for some reason it felt like the other man had gone dead weight.
The smile that Sora had on his face all but confirmed Luke's suspicions.

Once Sora was on the couch (And humming to himself the theme song for Doctor Who) Luke smiled at Sam. "You're a good man. Thank you for defending me?"
---

Yuki allowed himself one more mouthful of take-out before licking his fingers clean. He reached into his pocket and grabbed the wallet, passing it to Satori on his way to the couch.
He sat down with a loud 'Thump' and kicked his feet up. "Lets get snooping, my fine arsed friend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:23 am

"Don't mention it," Sam said, tilting his head and offering Luke a small smile of gratitude for the thanks before draping a blanket over Sora and tucking it in a little at the sides. "So you want a hand in the kitchen? I'm not half bad at cooking either, and in comparison I think I've had a ridiculously easy day. You might as well sit down for a bit - I'm more than happy to do that for you, really. It's probably the least I can offer, considering you got Sora back to us." He added with a nod at the half-demon as he crossed into the kitchen, not rolling up his sleeves but folding up the cuff.

---

Satori leafed through the wallet and snatched out two of his I.D. cards, grabbed her laptop, and settled in on the couch beside Yuki, nodding sidelong at Sadaharu's laptop - he might as well use that while the kid was out. "Password's... Uh, well-" She cleared her throat. "Sora. not a word, he'll go AWOL." She said with a smirk, rapping her nails on the edge of her laptop keyboard for a moment before she started to run through a few basic checks - she'd get it going and then Yuki could help once they had some results to work with, probably run a few checks of his own; he was always good at figuring out the stuff others might miss, and she wasn't nearly on par with Hazel.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:39 am

"If you make the pasta, I'll make the sauce." Luke grinned at the other man. Luckily he had only needed to chop one more tomato before having enough to begin making his sauce.

Calvin frowned from his spot across the counter. He now knew why food was important to humans and demons. (Thanks to a lecture one day) But he still did not understand why so much effort was needed while preparing.
He lent forward and poked at the remains of one of the tomatoes. "I do not understand this."

Luke gave him a confused, but amused smile.
---

Yuki let out a snort of amusement at the password, but didn't say anything else. He placed the laptop off to the side, letting the computer have a chance to properly start up. He lifted the wallet carefully and began to look through it, looking for more than just a name and address.

He found it. In one of the pockets designed for cards, he discovered a picture. It was old and warn out. If Yuki looked close enough he could even see a smudge mark caused from holding it in the same place.
The picture showed three men, one of which was Luke himself. All of the men wore specialized suits designed for the armed forces: Army. The garbs even included the helmets. They had their arms thrown around each others shoulders and were grinning.
The men were all standing in front of a large over sized truck. Yuki had seen one of those before on a reality show. It was a truck used to find and defuse Bombs. He lent over over, pressing his side into Satori and speaking quietly as he showed her the picture. "Seems our new comer knows a thing or two about bombs. That's comforting."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 am

Sam quirked a small smile, setting a pot full of water on the stove to boil before turning to lean back against a bench, expression softening as he watched Calvin prod at the offending vegetable. "Well we don't have anything pre-diced, so we've got to chop it, otherwise the sauce won't really be a sauce at all. That's all there is to it - they taste pretty good too." He offered in an afterthought, shrugging his shoulders a little before turning to settle the lid on top of the pot, suddenly feeling awkward in his movements - the way you feel when there's a group of people watching you walk and it's like you immediately panic that you've forgotten the basics of balance.

"So what exactly don't you understand?" He asked simply, shifting into the corner of the kitchen.

---

"Bomb-squad?" Satori leaned in closer to get a better look at the photo, fingers catching at the top corner, but not taking it from Yuki. "That's... Interesting," She said finally, a small line appearing in her forehead as she drew her brows together in a frown. "Then again, for a security officer for SHADED, he'd have to have some kind of background that they'd be interested in." She turned back to her screen, but didn't actually draw away, instead kicking her legs out across her half of the couch and leaning back against him, turning slightly to angle her screen. "So an ex-militant, bomb-squad SHADED agent. Definitely someone we want across the hall."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:58 am

Without a thought, Yuki wrapped an arm around Satori's shoulder and shifted in his own position to draw her closer. He looked down at the photo closely. "Guess its suffice to say, no chemicals for mister Bomb man." He passed the photo into his free hand and continued to go through Luke's wallet.
Coffee cards, a subway card, a card for a games store... nothing else was really of interest.

Drawing away slightly, Yuki grabbed the laptop and settled it on his own lap. He placed his arm back around Satori's shoulder as he lent over and looked at her screen. "Whats his name again?"

---

"The length of time it is taking you to prepare." Calvin said as he lifted the tomato and stared at it. "Shouldn't it be as simple as lift, bite and chew?"

Luke chuckled. "Haven't you had anyone cook for you before?"

"I find no use in eating. It is a pointless activity."

The man rose an eyebrow at Calvin, unsure how to reply to that. "Well, maybe you just havent found anything worth eating yet?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:14 am

"Luke Smith," She said, sounding scandalised as she passed up one of the I.D. cards, tapping a few keys with her free hand and irritably scrolling with the touchpad through a few screens of hits. "So I'm going to go with the address and see if I can find a billing code, social security, something, because by the time we find him in this all of the humans we know will be dead and we'll have visibly aged. They need a better system."

---

"I've tried that line of conversation; trust me, you're really not going to get far," Sam said, ducking his head with a breath of amusement, pulling back the lid a little and stirring the pasta to keep it from sticking together, "Try to think about it like this;" He said, once again directing the words to Calvin, "we actually have to, so we'd get bored pretty quickly if we were stuck eating food like that," He nodded at the tomato. "It's that simple."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:18 am

"Eating is not for amusement, its for survival. Why does it matter what form it comes in?" Calvin asked, still horribly confused.

Luke chuckled softly and shook his head at the other man.
He paused from the steering of the sauce to raise the spoon up. He cradled it gently as he passed it over to sam. "Does it taste okay?"

"Again, why should taste even matter?" Calvin asked. He could have sworn for a second that Luke had given him an evil glare., But then it was gone, and instead was the calm kindness from before.

---

Yuki groaned and let his head fall back against the couch. "I'm board of snooping. Can't we just make out or something?" He grinned at her, leaning in closer to her head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   

Back to top Go down

Chapter One
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next