RP World

Choose between different RPs, create a character and join in.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chapter One

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:08 pm

"Then I'll see if I can fit it in after I deliver these." Evelyn grinned, holding the box up. "Oh, and do you mind if I head out to lunch after?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 pm

"Nope, don't mind at all." Melony said with a smile, clearly in a rather good mood now that their next subject was cleared for testing. "Take all the lunch you need, I'm pretty sure we owe you another five minutes anyway, for the time you stayed back yesterday. Get a coffee, make a thing of it."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:27 am

Evelyn left the room, heading straight for the storage facility. After checking and double checking she had placed the cells in their correct places, she left to go and speak with her father on the fifth floor.

Last edited by Jezabela on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pretty sure she wasn't headed for the 'strange' facility. Unless we've crossed over with Marvel without my knowledge!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:44 am

"Thanks for telling me, I guess." Shade said into the receiver, playing his best 'polite confusion' card. Like that would actually work on the all-knowing P.A. whose smirk he could practically hear over the line. He hung up and pushed the chair back a little from his desk, looking over the screen with a surge of complete and sudden disinterest in his work.

It wasn't that it was uninteresting. Just, yeah, okay- Maybe it was uninteresting.
And Elizabeth was going to be in the same building as him, and it was awkward enough with them both sharing a state, nevermind a building. But he could deal, he could be mature, and he was going to sit here and work like a responsible adult, instead of shirking off to hide in the coffee break room and pretend to be interested in whatever Marjorie's neighbours were up to this morning, "the uncivilized freaks!"

Nope. Work.

He kicked back over to his desk a little, tucked back a longer piece of hair that had drifted in front of his face and peered at the words scrolling over his screen, which were pretty much blurring the more he tried to concentrate. He absently tapped at the keyboard.

Procrastination was a two-player game, after all.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:59 am

Evelyn slipped into the room, making sure to avoid contact with any person who was walking about. "Hey, Dad... Ahh, I mean Shade... Sir... Thing." She stopped by his desk. "Can I get help with this security clearance... Thing?"

----

Elizabeth followed behind the security officers who were in charge of carrying, or pushing the new hardware.
She held into the large file under her arm tightly as she made her way to the conference room. If this went well she was expecting a large bonus from the boss. Not that he would know he gave it to her of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:12 pm

"Perfect timing." Elaine chimed from the doorway of the conference room, populated with Ayama and the mediators between their own facility and the governmental funding officers. What the mass of government wasn't aware of, would only ever do them good. She glanced behind Elizabeth to the security guards - all of which were employed in the heavy-lifting, and then backed up to open the doors.

---

"Dad's, fine, so you know." He said, quirking a slightly confused smile and turning away from the screen with clear relief, holding out a hand for the form. "Huh, uh, yeah." He waved at the empty chair next to the desk behind his. "Here, pull that over."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:11 pm

"I could never leave you waiting, Elaine." Elizabeth told her with a smile. "If we had less company, I would give you a warmer welcome." She stepped inside and gave each member a formal nod as she spoke their name.
"All equipment has been tagged and ordered for your veiwing." She explained to them as the officers placed the boxes onto the table. Elizabeth began to walk around, handing each person at the table a folder that documented each item.
"Now keep in mind that these are only the prototypes. The fully functional weapons, equipment and technologies should be made available to you within the next few months. After we perform the proper testings, though I think you will find these Prototypes more than adequate. Now, if you will open the files which I have given to you we can begin the viewing."

The demonstration took the better part of two hours. Each object was explained in full detail and those which could be shown within the room were demonstrated, (The guns, armor and equipment.) The new programs designed by Mentaro were shown on a computer that projected to the far wall. Once the demonstration was completed, Ayama had a few questions and improvements she wished to be made.

"Of course." Elizabeth nodded. "I will be sure to pass the message onto my superior. Now if there's nothing else I will take my leave. You are more than welcome to keep the prototypes for continued experimentation. Any other improvements you wish to be made can be relayed to be via email or phone call."

----

Evelyn nodded and pulled the chair over. "I wasn't sure how to address you. the levels and formalities are confusing, and I don't visit you that much at work." She flashed her father a smile. "I got my review back. Guess who is a pretty rockin' assistant?" She grinned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:15 am

The officers all made fairly non-committal noises of polite agreement, apparently satisfied with the presentation. The head Engineer, Jack, however, was turning one of the newly designed weapons in his hands, clearly just itching to pull it apart. "So we can do with the prototypes... What we uh, wish? Won't be, you know, needing these back? Or uh, free game," He asked, raising an eyebrow and fiddling with the safety, eyes still glued to the weapon. "For improvement suggestions, and stuff?"

Elaine paused by the doorway, half pushing the door open. "I'm fairly sure that Elizabeth just covered that."
"Did she? Because I heard keep the prototypes for experimentation. I actually meant, you know, test-"
"I'm fairly sure that Elizabeth just covered that." She repeated sweetly, holding open the door.

---

"Oh? Well done then." He said, grinning and rocking back in the chair a little, completely happy to accept the diversion from work. "Good to hear. And I'm pretty sure it's just a subtle way for the higher-ups to be politely nasty to each other, the whole... Titles, enforced use of last names..." He wove his hand a little in the air and glanced over the form again. "This is pretty easy, just, you know, need witnesses to sign off that you're not an unsavoury person. You antagonised your brother this week?" He asked, pen frozen above the dotted line.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:30 am

Evelyn watched him closely. "Will you still sign if I tell the truth?" She asked with a smile that could only be described as her 'suck-up' smile. "He's not still upset or anything..."

----

"All you're answers should have been answered in my final words, Mr. Davis. Now if there is nothing else that involves me having to repeat myself I will take my leave." Elizabeth offered him a kind smile. She turned and began to head out of the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 am

"Oh, well, so long as he's not going to come over this weekend and just silently and angrily heft an XBOX remote at me, that's good enough for me." He said with a shrug, scrawling his name down and starting to fill in some of the background information. "You'll probably have to get your mother to fill this out too, the... Other pages- You know, she's apparently... Here? I uh, somewhere. You might catch her, if you... Look?" He tried, trying at nonchalant and failing.

---

"I was just sassed." He said loudly over the top of the weapon, looking offended at anyone who looked. Not that anyone did. "Sassed, by- Fine, okay. I'm good, with the uh- Yup. Shutting up." He got up, snagged a bundle of papers and another prototype and then slipped out the doors to head down for the engineering labs.

Because he didn't like anything he couldn't reverse-engineer.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:51 pm

"I'm going to lunch with her right now, so I'll do it then." Evelyn grinned. She took the papers and gave her fathers cheek a kiss. "See you later!"
Evelyn pranced from the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bob the peach
Admin
Admin

Location : In that little place I like to pretend is the last dredges of my sanity

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:11 pm

"What?" Anei asked, sweeping past with two trays filled to the brim with filthy cutlery, "He already hired you, said he needed to replace Pierre after the whole fiasco with the cheesecake and the fire-eating, why Marco decided that would be a good gimmick I will never know. In fact," She said, checking the giant clock that took up half a damn wall, "You should have started twenty minutes ago"

---

"Lab 5" Takato muttered angrily as he sat at his desk and glared at the clock before sliding his glare down to the quivering assistant that was standing nervously by his desk, "Then head over to one and give me the results on the biomes in the chill rooms second freezer, check the temperature logs and report any discrepancies, also bring me a copy because I don't trust you to do it right in the first place. Don't forgot to tell Němcová he's and idiot and that I know he's the one who messed with my soil samples last week. Oh and don't forget to check whether the artificial gamates have reached gestation period yet, I don't want that idiot fucking it up."

Pausing from where he had started typing quite furiously after a solution to the protocol fault had come to him, to glare much more fiercely at the man, "Well?"

"Yes sir!" The man, probably actually quite a bit older than Takato squeaked, before tripping over his feet to dash out of the room and do the Scientists bidding.

So save it for your own and the ones you can help.

- Blow up the outside world, Soundgarden
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:17 pm

"Hey, new guy!" A loud and obnoxious girl cried. She danced through the tables filled with customers to get to his side. "You are the new guy, right? I can never tell. I mean, we get so many new guys you could just be a customer. So, you are the new guy, rig- Ohh, brownies." She jumped down behind the counter to get a better look at the said sweet behind the glass. "Ohh look at you, you chocolaty thing you. You know what would make you better? More chocolate. Like, a mountain of chocolate." She popped up and again called for Taro's attention. "Hey, new guy! Make the brownies more chocolaty, oka- ohh, customers." She danced out from behind the counter to help the people who just entered to find a seat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Taro chose to just remain silent throughout that rampage of noise, a slightly confused smile plastered on his face as the girl flounced off without even introducing herself. He let his gaze smoothly assign itself back to Anei, and widened the suddenly somewhat perplexed smile, an eyebrow twitching upwards a little. "Twenty minutes? But, there was never- I mean, I didn't even give him me resu- Fire... Eating? The Cheesecake- No, actually? I'm good. Great, actually, don't tell me. I'll go get an apron." He said, accepting the roundabout situation with a shrug and brushing carefully past Anei to step through the staff door.

He emerged a few moments later still clearly slightly confused with the sudden job, thing, but with his hair tied back - just long enough to fit into the tie - and an apron on. "You know, I had plans," he said, flicking his hands out like some over the top showgirl before ducking past to clear a table. "Mostly involving coffee and a sandwich, yes, but... For me, mainly. Not not for me."

---

"If you're trying to reconstitute those cell events-" Melony started, stepping around Tyras and reaching for his notes. He batted her away with a grin, a very annoyed grin.

"Oh, I'm sorry, out of the two of us, who studied microbial cell morphology?"
"And who's currently using the entirely wrong equatorial series?"
"Who thought that the gradient descent operation was correct last week?"
"You, actually-"
"You're not wearing a lab coat!" Tyras exclaimed suddenly at the assistant man standing in the doorway, jabbing a finger at the assistant. "Explanation for presence? I swear to God if you say 'Takato'-"

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

Location : In that little place I like to pretend is the last dredges of my sanity

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:20 pm

"Uhm... I..." The man stuttered, fumbling his folder and losing a few papers in the process, "If I said, Doctor Tasai will you be less likely to scream at me?" He questioned, already curling away from the man slightly.

---

"Oh shh" Anei grinned from the window that separated the kitchen from the main counter area, elbows deep in dishwater and clearly enjoying the others bemusement, "I'll bring you coffee after I'm done with this".
It took a certain type of person to stay long term at the cafe, and while it did take a while to get used to, Anei was pretty sure Taro would be fine. That is if Lilly didn't scare him off with her perpetual Lilly-ness.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:33 pm

"More likely, it will be far more likely." He said with a graceless snort of derision, forcefully turning a page in his notebook and reaching for one of the small tablet computers, muttering something about 'fake degrees', and 'stupid' under his breath. Melony flashed the man an almost sympathetic but still mostly amused grin, jerking her head a little to indicate that neither of them would actually attack him for walking in.

"Here to do his job, am I right?"
"Well he's incapable, so someone has to."
"You sound tense, why don't you curl up with a tea and his most recent publication? You know, the one that-"
"Mine would have done just fine if he hadn't done anything, thank you. I actually think he terrorized someone into doing it for him."
"Just don't knock anything over." She said to the man, rolling her eyes a little. "And you'll be doing better than his last assistant."

---

"Caramel mocha coffee with hazelnut and almond creme?" He asked hopefully, all but fluttering his eyelashes at her, "That would make up for it. You know Yuki only has instant coffee at his place? He's going to make someone very unhappy one day, and I'm going to laugh at them. Over finely brewed, tasteful coffee."

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:41 pm

"Did you know" Anei smirked, soaping up a giant pot encrusted with something that looked an aweful lot like dried snot, "On a completely and totally unrelated note, that my brother loves instant coffee and thinks that anything else is too frufru? Completely off topic of course"

---

Skittering around the edge of the lab and being careful not to touch anything he hadn't been told specifically to touch, the man did his best to collect the proper findings before making to leave as quick as possible. He could only hope it was good enough for the Scientist best known for his terrifying temper.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:55 pm

"Of course, entirely off topic, unrelated, irrelevant, non-germane, unassociated," He lifted a plate with a sandwich with highly bizarre fillings, raising an eyebrow as he spun around to search out the table. "unconnected, extraneous, inapplicable matches of information-"

"Can I, uh, have my sandwich?" A young man asked from the table directly in front of Taro, caught somewhere between smirking and blushing, one hand lifted in an almost grade-school attempt of getting attention. The blonde deposited the plate with a flourish and a wink.

"I'll trade you the food for another synonym."
"Impertinent?"
"Perfect. Enjoy. As I was saying;" He paused as he reached the counter again, leaning against it a little and pointedly ignoring the bewildered looks the customer was throwing after him, "It is hilarious, just how into-" He cleared his throat, "How into the same brand of instant coffee they would both be, given the opportunity."

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Walking briskly from his own laboratory, Takato kept a bland expression on his face, posture calm and step brisk.
He was radiating rage. Interns and years old staff alike fled from his path. He was a man on a mission, a rage inspiring vengeance fueled mission.
"Dr Dickson" He nodded, lips tight, as he stepped into the lab, moving around the tables with a practiced ease and heading unerringly for Němcovás lab desk.
The stupid excuse for a scientist would pay for even daring to exist near his work, let alone touch it. Stepping behind the desk, he picked up the closest pile of papers, took a moment to assess the importance of the handwritten, obvious to be typed and recorded digitally asap notes and stuck his hand into his coat pocket.
Lighter in hand, he flicked it twice, set the papers on fire and stalked out of the lab again, flames burning merrily on the idiots desk as he nodded to the other occupant and made his way back to his own offices again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:24 pm

"Do you have any idea of the breakthroughs I've made today? They're going to have to give me the award this time, I just know it, the-" Tyras stopped in the doorway, and he nearly dropped the half-piece of donut that he had been brandishing about in the air just moments prior, smile sliding neatly off his face as he observed the smouldering pile of ashes that had once been the award winning breakthrough.

Smouldering haplessly on the desk.

"He-"
"Yeah."
"That was my-"
"I though it was."
"When?! Between when and when, did this happen?!"
"About five minutes after you left for a celebratory donut." Melony commented, not once looking up from the microscope that she was staring into, fiddling absently with the magnification wheel as she did. Tyras furiously shoved the remainder of the donut into his mouth and tripped his way over to his desk, rifling through what was left and, yeah, that was the important stuff that was there, in the little pile of ash and-

"I'm actually going to kill him." He said finally, raising a brow, somehow not just freaking out and lobbing his own highly priced microscope across the lab. "I'm going to- Will you stand up for me, when I do?"

"No." She said, once again not even looking vaguely interested. Tyras scoffed, looked at his desk, made the exact same noise again and then turned on his heel, charging off to Takato's office. The moment Tyras left, Melony headed off to the other labs, fully intent on deactivating the last untouched testing group.

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:43 pm

"So Fran told Melany down in development that if Marcus was going to steal slides from Human Resources he would have to do it when Franchesca wasn't there because like hell she was covering for him anymore in his stupid little prank war, so Marcus, well get this Marcus practically busted a nut, going on about betrayal and loyalty and all this other shite, so Melany started to freak out and Marcus just kept going so that's when I walked in and then she was asking for help and Marcus was claiming I was trying to sabotage his master plan and Rebecca, you know Rebecca right? She was just ignoring the whole thing like nothing was happening."
Pausing dramatically, Sekko flopped further across Takato's desk.
"And that's why I have a black eye and need to you defend my honor in practical humor!"
Sighing, Takato stopped typing for a moment so that he could turn to face the younger man in full. Maintaining eye contact and making sure no word was under announced he answered Sekko;
"Why are you in my office?"
"I'm bored."
"Get out."
"Nope~!" Sekko sang,
"I'm calling security."
"I am security"
"I hate you."
"Love you too!"
Sighing in angry and exasperated defeat, Takato just readjusted his glasses and resumed typing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Evelyn returned from Lunch with her mother bearing gifts for her colleagues in the form of coffee and Tea. She was sure that they would need it at some point, so it was easier to just bring it with her rather then collect (and make) it at a later date. It meant more time for observing, and hopefully even being able to led a hand in any experiments or hypothesis that they may form or do during this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:58 pm

It was about ten o’clock at night by the time Sam could leave the office – the newly approved rounds of testing on the newest subjects meant that he was busier than he had been for weeks - just trying to figure out how he could best help these poor subjects (no, people) without just making the situation worse. Well, that is, when he was actually allowed to help them at all, because there was more than one that he was simply not permitted to assist at all; testing healing abilities was possibly the most horrendous and morally destructive thing he had ever been a part of.

He shoved his coat in the general direction of his desk chair, snagged his satchel bag from where he had left it against the wall and made for the exit, tucking his security tag underneath his shirt as he left through the main doors – ducking his head awkwardly and realigning his bag strap on his shoulder as he started the trek down the sidewalk towards his apartment. He was exhausted – too tired and reticent to even think about it anymore, and he just focused on keeping one foot in front of the other, passively moving out of the way of the occasional person coming in the other direction.

He didn’t know what he was doing, anymore, but whatever it was, it wasn’t the kind of work he had ever wanted to become involved in.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:45 pm

The cans rattled against the steel sides of the trolley they were stashed in, echoing in the otherwise emptiness of the dark ally way. The bearded man pushing the trolley stopped for the moment to turn his attention to a bin pressed up against a wall. From his spot, the homeless man could clearly see a few more tinned goods stashed in the trash. He fixed the top-most coat covering three others before hunching over the bin and rummaging through, a few cans, clothes and bits of half-eaten food were occasionally thrown into the trolley.

This would be his first memory of the land below and one he would always be able to recall. The ground began to shake, causing the cans to rattle more and the man with too many coats to look up from the garbage, though no one else appeared to notice. As soon as his feet touched the ground, the shaking stopped. The bearded man with all the coats looked shocked to see someone appear in the unoccupied ally way.
His first form was from a large picture the overlooked the city. It was of some man with less of a beard who enjoyed sitting around in undergarments. Perhaps that also added to the look of the bearded man.

"You... You okay, man?" The bearded man asked as he limped over to the newcomer.

He looked to the man with his many clothes and frowned slightly. He then spoke his first words and found his voice to be low and slightly gruff. "I require a coat." The bearded man nodded slowly, as if processing what was being said to him. He then removed the top coat, a tan coloured rain coat and handed it to the man. The new comer put it on quickly before turning to make his way out of the ally.

"Hey, Calvin you gonna be alright?" The bearded man with only three coats now called after him. The new comer stopped.

"Calvin?" He asked after a moments pause.

"Its on your underwear."

'Calvin' remained silent for a moment before replying. "Yes." He then made his way out of the ally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Sam rounded the last corner and very nearly heaved a sigh of relief at seeing his apartment at the end of the street – it stood out against the rest, not just another slab of grey concrete, but a warm white with the  occasional feature block, all brightly lit with the aesthetically placed outdoor lighting between verandas. It took exactly three-and-a-half seconds for the relief to turn into a jolt of nauseating guilt, because the only reason he can afford something like that, a nice apartment on a nice street, and one with a view, at that, is because he was working for an organization that thought it was perfectly acceptable to torture children.

He nearly lost his footing stepping across a broken section of pavement when that thought settled in the back of his head, and then quickly tried to regain his balance because there was someone right there who would have seen that, and he’s already too busy trying to sort out everything in his head to properly take anything else in too, and it was just a misstep, and still that was somehow enough to make humiliation to flit up through his system, so he ducked his head, looked down and kept walking.

At least, he kept walking until he realized that this person who had just stepped out wasn’t wearing shoes. Or socks. Or pants, for that matter – nothing but a tan jacket, and was freezing out, and this was ridiculous, but he had already looked at them (failed to avoid eye contact) and wasn't going to let them fall prey to the city-psychological error of everyone deciding that there’s so many people there that surely, surely someone else will offer help. He’s hurt enough people in one day, he can at least make sure this guy wasn't about to die from a drug overdose or whatever else has prompted him to wander the streets in apparently nothing but a trench-coat.

He stopped, lifted a hand briefly to rub at his face in exhaustion and disbelief and swallowed to clear his throat, moving towards him a little and giving him a wary glance over – and he doesn’t look homeless, he looks… Well, clean. Drugs, maybe, or some freak situation. “Are you okay?” Sam asked carefully, lifting a hand in a calming gesture, mind cheerily repeating an old mnemonic as he tried to gauge whether or not he was drunk or under some kind of illicit substance's influence (TAIL ICU CONFUSION: Theo, ASA, Isoniazid, Lithium, ICU psychosis…) and he couldn’t help but look behind the man a little to see if there was anyone else around.

“Do you need help?"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   

Back to top Go down

Chapter One
Page 6 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next