RP World

Choose between different RPs, create a character and join in.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chapter One

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:03 am

"Ohh, pretty." Yuki grinned as he looked at the earrings. He removed the ones currently in his ears and quickly replaced them. He was always worried about bugs and survaillence, even though he had already checked through the house numerous times.

Sora pushed himself off the ground and walked over to Terri. "Did I get something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:29 am

Taro returned a few minutes later with two new piercings in his left ear - the punctures already healing around the earrings. "Thanks Terry. On that note, I'm going to go home. Anei! Coming through the cafe tomorrow, with or without you warning your boss-man. So you know." He lifted his hand in a general wave and headed for the door.

"I'm going to bed." Sadaharu added, jumping up and collecting the massive pile of his things that had been slowly spreading themselves out across the floor. Books and pens and his laptop and sheets of paper. He flushed again, because why did they have to talk so loudly, and focused entirely on not tripping over himself as he ducked out the door after Taro; his own apartment was just a little down the hall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:21 pm

"Bed?" Sora asked as he watched Sadaharu leave. "Isn't it a bit early for bed?"

Yuki pouted sadly. "No, the fun can't be over. I don't wanna go home!" He whined loudly, waving his arms around his body to make sure everyone understood. He gasped suddenly. "Taro! We had a date! We can skip right to Hanky Panky if you want!" He called before running out after his friend.

Alexander just blinked at everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:22 pm

"Big meeting tomorrow night people, get out of here." Satori said, giving everyone a general wave towards the door to dismiss them - Kietsu was excluded from this, of course. As much as she might tend to be quietly disapproving - really, he looked way too old for her, and yeah, that was always concerning; but he hadn't placed a single toe out of line, so she was more than happy to overlook that little fact.

Still watching, though.

"And, unlike a certain child of mine, most of us have spent the day working and dodging humans. Anyone who doesn't need somewhere to crash for the night can go. Out, scram, leave, begone, head for the hills, make yourselves-" She stopped and pulled her phone from her pocket, still half gesturing towards the door.

Mori Sesuna to Satori Samaria (+917-289-4XX-4756)
I think they get it.

Satori Samaria to Mori Sesuna (+011-53-389-4XX-4756)
I'm impressed. Yuki hasn't found these ones yet.

"...Scarce. Terry, it'd be great if you could make it to this one, actually have something to discuss this time. And Alexander? If you could manage to get there too, I know it's a little harder for you, but that would be great." She added, "This might just end up concerning you."

---

"Still within hearing range! Not for the first time today. Speaking of which, could you maybe not discuss my love life next time?" Sadaharu exclaimed from around the hall before pointedly shutting his door a little louder than entirely necessary. 

Taro snickered lightly and spun around to catch hold of Yuki's wrist, tugging him in a little. "So we weren't just bemoaning a point, were we?" He asked, one brow rising as he smirked. "I'm game. Yours, or mine?"

"Oh my God, don't talk like that in public places." Sadaharu called out again from behind his door, because he could still hear them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Alexander frowned as he stood. "I'll see. Hopefully I can. Ever since Dad realized who Mum works for he's been really watching us kids. Well, especially me since Evelyn works for him and Eve..." He sighed. "Yeah, it doesn't matter. I'll be there. I'll say I'm crashing at a mates or something."

Rika rolled her eyes. "Why not just tell him that you are in a relationship with someone less than savory?"

The male grinned and pulled the girl too him. "And lose my favorite dirty little secret? Not a chance." He purred as he gently kissed the female in his arms. Rika rolled her eyes and punched his arm. She then led him from the apartment.

Sora watched all this before jumping, realizing he was one of the last to leave. "Right. Leaving. Off I go." He marched towards the door, only to end up head first into a wall. He stumbled back and rubbed his forehead, a large blush now covering his cheeks. He quickly left the apartment.

---

Yuki slipped his hands onto Taro's waist with a large grin. "Why not right here?" He rubbed his face into Taros neck, licking it a little. "If I recall correctly, you can be quite the screamer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:50 pm

"Leave, leave, just- No, go, and- And be casual somewhere else." Sadaharu snapped, actually opening his door, and then turning a rather dark shade of pink, because Taro had taken a single, delighted second before making a rather obscene noise of agreement, and was practically groping Yuki's butt-

"I hate you both, so, so much." He muttered, spinning on his heel and moving quickly back inside. 

Taro gave a pleased laugh, having anticipated the door opening - and started off down the hall with a loose grip on Yuki's arm before all of the others caught up. The demon's place was closer by, and they probably shouldn't scar Sadaharu for life. As hilariously easy as it would be.

---

Satori managed to not laugh at Sora's complete failure at exiting the room, actually a little sympathetic. He simply couldn't manage a single day without doing something horrendously embarrassing for himself. It was funny, but yeah, poor kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:43 pm

"They need you to sign off for testing on a new acquisition." Elaine said, leaning her hip against Ayama's desk a little as she tapped the pen down the clipboard. "Still yet to be classified; accelerated healing, powers of flight... Apparent teleportation- They've sedated it," She flipped a page and circled the line that needed Ayama's signature. "And Ms Moore is going to be making a report this week, so we need to have one of the field operatives on call in case of an incident. Hodara might be a good choice, once he's finished his assignment. You'll have to speak with Ms Finn." She continued, sliding the papers across the Director's desk along with a steaming mug of coffee. "That's it so far, but to be fair, it is only 9 o'clock." The woman commented with a wry smile, glancing to the watch on her wrist.

---

"Evelyn, pass me the second slide, please?" Tyras asked, extending a hand out, palm up for the slide, without even looking up from the microscope. He twirled the knob, bringing up the focus to 500% and making a soft noise of frustration under his breath. They were getting absolutely nowhere, very, very quickly, and they needed to have made some actual headway before the next review came up. Or at least before the lab time was sequestered by that idiot Takato.

They were hard-pressed as it was (and people kept touching his things).

"Slide?"

"This one," Melony said from the workbench a few paces to the left, offering the girl the slide in question and glancing up from her notes as she did with a small roll of her eyes. "It's also not going to make a difference. Admit it, you're stuck."

"Yes it will, and I'm not stuck." He said with a grin, still staring down into the eyepiece with his hand stubbornly extended into mid air.
"No, no it won't. You are stuck."
"Yes, it will. Not stuck."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:36 pm

With a single sigh, Ayama picked up the file and began to read through it. "Healing we have plenty of, every creature seems to come equipped with this. Find out if this apparent teleportation is factual." She continued to talk as she signed off. "Test chamber 34 should be a sufficient room. Make sure all tests are done here." She handed the required sheet back. "That is a top priority, understand?" She rose an eyebrow. "As for Ms Moore, I expected that report to be done yesterday. Make that clear. She will have anyone she wishes, so long as they are available. If Hodara has returned and the mission completed to a satisfactory detail, then so be it but don't make him you're only choice. While on this subject have any reports from our field operatives come in over night?"

Relaxing back, Ayama chose to ignore the coffee in favor of viewing the other files and glancing at her schedule. "Mentaro's new weaponry and machinery plans are due in today, any words?"

----

"Right." The young girl nodded and collected the second slide. She was careful as she handed the second slide over to Tyras. She made sure to stand back, though not to far that she would miss what to do next. Though this whole thing was terribly fascinating. She wouldn't want to miss a single moment of the discovery if possible. If only she could get a closer look...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:02 pm

"Nothing so far from Mentaro, I'll try to have something for you before lunch. Hopefully something not including anything overly dramatic." Elaine responded, raising a single brow in an easy retort as she tucked the signed papers back in amongst the rest.

"But Saunderson's report came in; complete success, no fatalities. On our side, at least. The cover up went well too, not a single hitch. I'll send him out to make contact with Moore; the cover she has should leave her free until at least this evening. I'll let the science division know they've got clearance - and that apparent isn't quite a word they should continue using. The branch from Michigan want to schedule in a meeting next week, I'll let you know when we have the details. Will that be all, Ms Takahashi?" She asked politely, not even the slightest bit perturbed by the woman.

---

Tyras swapped them over, messed with the dials a little, and Melony pointedly sat still, just watching and waiting for him to admit that she was right.
"Okay, so we might be a tad stuck." He conceded eventually. "But we're this close!" He exclaimed, sliding back from the desk and waving the lab assistant over to the microscope. "Look here, see? The paranormal cells just won't take! We need a better way to splice them across, because until they take-"

"I still think it's because you're using a splice medium." Elaine said simply, tapping her nails on the desk and glancing between the man and her own notes. "Say, for instance, we used the virus that I-"
"It wouldn't take! That killed the host last time we tried it, and I'm not exactly-"
"It would take, if you just used a simpler cell form first, like, perhaps-"
"-No, no, you weren't-"
"-It's all in the lymphotropic tropisms! You're using a tropism that would far exceed the capacity for-"
"-Even there for that, so there's no point. You can't make it accept the capsomeres, so you've got to try something else, and like I've been saying-"

"You've been saying an awful lot." She said crossly, scrawling something down on the paper. "And until we've got clearance, there's nothing else we can do anyway, because there's nothing new coming from any of the other specimens."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 pm

"May I give an idea?" Evelyn asked as soon as there was a moment of silence. "Maybe... Maybe the cells wont take because we're trying to splice them with already fully grown cells." She bit her lip. "What if we placed them within a new specimen, like an unborn child for instance? I mean, we can already alter the sex or even the looks through a simple reshaping of their DNA strand. They're not yet fully formed, which means that editing can still be done. It may not be fully ethical, or morally correct but... if we're desperate enough... right?"

---

"Get out, Elaine. I can't say I'm finding your attitude and cynicism very humorous this morning." Ayama told her, not even bothering to look up from her works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:22 pm

"I live to serve. And to bring coffee you hate." She said, clicking her pen to retract the tip, and tucking the clipboard in close against her chest. "I'll be back by eleven." She said calmly, and then neatly stepped out of the office.

---

Melony smiled tightly as Tyras shook his head, already turning back to the microscope, as much of a dismissal as he would ever pull. "No, we've... Already tried that." She explained hesitantly (the morality of their division was something of a long-standing argument between the two of them), picking up her notebook and shifting to actually sit against the corner of the desk, folding one leg over the other. "We thought it would result in a hybrid, if you will, because of the unknown origin of the spliced cell, but so far there's been nothing but rejections."

"I've been building a virus, an RNA virus, because we can actually access the coded polymerases they use to transcribe and replicate their genomes. And maybe, maybe if we reprogram this virus to accept these new cells... Well, if we get a full set of coding, and can figure out exactly why it's being rejected... Then we might just be able to 'infect' humans with these innate abilities that we've observed in the subjects."

"She's leaving out the part where that's easily weaponized." He commented with more than just a little disgust.

"You're one to talk."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:37 pm

"Or the fact that could easily become the 'Zombie' outbreak that my brother so badly wants." Evelyn said. "Maybe we just haven't found the right host to house the child. If we can create even one of these, then we can examine the strand of cellular levels and DNA strands in order to recreate in in already living and fully grown specimiens, right?" She asked, growing nervous as she pushed the point. She bit her lip. "Or maybe you're just not trying to splice out on right cells. Healthy ones right? What about the unhealthy, the weak ones or even the ones that already seem dead."

---

Ayama looked up just long enough to admire Elaines confidence as she left. That, plus a few other things. She soon returned to her work, just long enough to continue to ignore the blinking light at her control panel that signaled a conference call. A call she did not want to take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Elaine started for the labs, tapping through her cell as she went to dial in Elizabeth Smith's number - Mentaro's P.A., and possibly the only reason that every single attempt at trying to contact the madman hadn't resulted in her tearing her own hair out. Ayama, she could handle - just so long as she had everything she needed, and there wasn't anything forgotten or badly filed or out of place, there was no problem. And she was perfectly organised. Dealing with Mentaro, however... No, she was impossibly glad he didn't officially work with them. She used her thumb to flip through the paperwork as she walked, phone held to her ear.

"Hi Elizabeth, Elaine Mathers here, do you have a moment?"

---

"That doesn't sound like a zombie outbreak at all" Tyras commented rather cheerily, setting the slide aside and turning to the screen on his left.
"Then we have the problem of the healthy, non-regular cells actually overtaking the human cells, instead of actually reforming with them. It's so far just one overtaking the other entirely, or a complete mutual rejection. In theory, yes, you're absolutely right," She agreed musingly, "But in practice? Not quite there."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:11 pm

"Maybe because you don't want it to." Evelyn muttered to herself quietly as she turned back to her work.

---

A loud clang resounded in the background before Elizabeth could even utter a 'hello.' A loud sigh was heard. "A moment? Maybe just a moment." She looked around for Yoko, hoping the girl could handle Mentaros latest inventing craze.

"How can I help, Elaine?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:46 pm

"Maybe because he doesn't want it to," She said quietly, because she had heard that, and the girl was just an assistant after all. "And when it comes down to it, he's the one with the practical biology background, I'm the bioengineer, the theorist; that kind of thing, that's his forte."

---

"At least turn the power off first!" Yoko exclaimed, diving for the power-line before he could actually set something on fire, her own bundle of papers going flying as she tried to stop the ensuing explosion. She tripped on something and clutched at a bench to stay upright.

Another crash.

Elaine blinked a few times, pausing for a second mid-step to just quietly appreciate the fact that she worked here and not there.

"Just confirming that you're aware that the deadline for the new weapons and machinery designs is today." She said smoothly once there was a gap in volume sufficient enough to be heard, heels clicking resoundingly through the empty hallway as she walked, focusing entirely on trying to shut out the background noise that was undoubtedly Mentaro. "I think I can push it back until twelve-hundred-hours, but that's the best I can do for you."

---

"So, can the manager spare a minute to interview a highly experienced pastry chef?" Taro asked Anei, leaning happily over the small cafe counter and beaming at her, his papers held between his thumb and forefinger as he waved them at her. "Because it's here or over the road, and I hear they're already offering quite the competition." He winked.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:12 am

Evelyn fell silent, through her mind continued to race. She may be an assistant, but she had studied and now only needed to gain experience. Those who she served under seemed to forget this and a lot of the time, it seemed like they didn't value her presence or her ideas.
She may be only an assistant who fetched coffee and samples from the fridge, but it would be nice to be considered properly for a change.

---

Mentaro froze at the interruption of his work. He took proper hold of the pasty dish in his hands and hit Yoko on the head. "No!" He exclaimed. "Bad! Bad girl. Stay." He dropped the dish and turned his back to the female.
"Need to begin all over again now." He muttered to himself as he began to fiddle with the power cords. "Calibrations all off, days of preparation now turned to nothing... need to hire new help. Yes... good idea..."

Elizabeth rubbed her brow. "You will have the designs and the prototypes by 11. I will personally place them in in your hands myself." She went down to the basement to collect everything needed. And if you could, Elaine would you be able to warn shade of my arrival? You know how he gets if I show up out of the blue."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:58 pm

"Consider him warned." Elaine agreed easily, pausing outside the door to the open science labs, keying in her passcode to the labs and then reaching for the metal handle of the glass door as the door mechanism activated; lock clicking back. "Thank you for that, I wasn't exactly looking forwards to rescheduling everything. I probably owe you a coffee just for that alone."

"You are so violent!" Yoko exclaimed in disbelief, actually scrambling in a very undignified manner across the ground to snatch up the paperwork before it was completely trodden into the floor. Or incinerated. Or... Or whatever.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:04 pm

"Why Elaine, if I didn't know better I'd say you were flirting with me." Elizabeth smirked in jest. She began to load the items needed into the car.

"Useless!" Mentaro snapped. "Useless chatter. Talk, talk, talk. All complain, no actual relevant input. relevant.. revelation... perhaps if I..." He turned his attention back to his work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:20 pm

"It generally ensures that things are done faster, so just maybe I am." Elaine allowed with a quirked smile, raising a brow at her own reflection for a second before giving a small shrug and pushing her way through the door into the lab. "Okay, business to... Micromanage. I'll talk to you later. Shade's working on the fifth floor today, if you expressly wanted to dodge him. Prior warning, because I'm such a nice person. See you, then."

She paused a second for a response and then ended the call with a perfectly manicured finger, slipping the phone into the pocket of her business skirt. "Clearance," She said clearly, immediately catching the two biologist's attention as she held a bundle of papers by her side, "for testing on Subject-48. Test chamber 34, this time, and Miss Dickson? Protocols, please. We don't want another write up." She offered the papers and Tyras quickly took hold of them, leafing through them and nodding as he backed up again, casting an eye over his current work.

"Miss Ashworth?" Elaine asked, a friendly smile stealing over what had been a somewhat blank expression. "A quick word?" She tilted her head to the far side of the room a little, absently readjusting the papers underneath the bulldog clip of the board. "If you don't mind."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:26 pm

"Me?" Evelyn asked, placing a hand to her chest as she glanced round. She jumped suddenly. "Oh, right." She hurried over to the other woman. "How can I help?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 pm

"Just here to say congratulations on your lab review." She said with another small smile, neatly removing a form from the board and offering it to the girl. "Perfect write-ups from Ms Dickson, so if you wanted to apply for a security pass to the testing chambers - maybe get a little more experience with the actual subjects, seeing as there aren't any concerns, I could have it all cleared for you by tomorrow morning. If you were interested, of course."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:34 pm

"Right. Will do." Evelyn said. She gave Elaine a quick smile before ducking her head to read over the form. She wondered if it would all still be relevant. After all, she did just over step her bounds. She figured she'd ask her father how to properly apply for a security pass later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Elaine gave her a small nod and turned to leave the lab with a sternly called "Protocols!" over her shoulder as she left, eyes narrowed at Melony. With that taken care of and Elizabeth on her way with the prototypes and designated designs (this time hopefully without any missing pieces - he was impossibly paranoid sometimes), she was entirely intent on chasing up Saunderson and finding out why his extermination report hadn't been filed yesterday. Or maybe just get Finn onto it, because it was her job, and she was more than over trying to get forms and reports out of the Field Agents. The mercenary types were hard enough to deal with without even trying to get actual legible paperwork out of them.

---

"Evelyn, do you think you could just run these slides back into the unit for me?" Melony asked, leafing through the new set of paperwork and scrawling her name in a few boxes before pushing it towards Tyras. "And your name's on here too, apparently, so if you're in for this, you'd better get security clearance chased up. We'll work fine as the referees."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:00 pm

"Yeah, was just told to do that." Evelyn mumbled as she collected the slides and placed them neatly back in their containment. "I'm gonna do it when I get my break." And a chance to speak to my father... Not that she'd mention that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:06 pm

"Take it when you like," Melony said with a shrug, leaning against the bench and pushing her reading glasses up so that they sat on top of her hair, carelessly pushing the long brown locks out of their positions as she did so. "We're just going to be doing theoretical prep until the clearance has gone through, getting the test sheets ready; there's not going to be a whole lot to do around here until tomorrow now, just closing up these other tests."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One   

Back to top Go down

Chapter One
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next