RP World

Choose between different RPs, create a character and join in.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The beginning.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:40 pm

"Not black? Or... Purple or-" Taro sighed, shutting his eyes. "Oh, how I despise you."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Ayama grabbed her stick and walked away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Sighing lightly, Taro settled in to wait, reaching out for the power source and stopping just short of using it, just close enough to feel that it was still there, still within reach. He kept his eyes closed and focused entirely on what he could tell of his surroundings, counting down each sound - anything to keep himself distracted from the strained connection to the necklace. Nothing bad would happen, could happen, but it wasn't pleasant.

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

Location : In that little place I like to pretend is the last dredges of my sanity

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm

"That would be..." Anei started, somewhat in shock over the offer- She had figured at best she would get some informations and perhaps some directions off of the pair, but to actually offer to be her travelling companions and take her right to her destination was something else.

"That would be fantastic!" Said Anei, obviously quite ectatic with the news she threw herself at Satori in a death-hug, "Thankyou so much!"

So save it for your own and the ones you can help.

- Blow up the outside world, Soundgarden
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Satori completely froze up, a very startled and undignified noise leaving her as the younger demon launched at her with a hug. Another second or two passed in very much the same manner - entire body frozen in the exact same position - and then she awkwardly patted Anei on the head, mouth twitching into a smile. "It's quite alright." She said, not quite sure how to escape the hug, and Mori looked rather amused by the whole thing. "Fellow panther, and all. We're not going to just leave you out here."

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

Location : In that little place I like to pretend is the last dredges of my sanity

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Leaning backwards out of the hug Anei gave a little giggle, "Not everyone is as nice as you to their own kind, I grew up with Kitsune remember?"

Pausing, the conversation seemed to catch up to Anei slightly, "Panther? Is that what I am? I knew I was at least in the cat family but I havn't been able to transform fully yet, so all I had to go off was my ears and tail"

Finally getting to her feet, Anei frowned at her tail for a moment before grabbing it an looking first closely at the fur on hers and then at the fur on Satori's and then even Mori's.

"See, I'm blonde though. I've never ever ever heard of a blonde Panther before!"[i] At this point she was using her tail almost like a stick to emphasise her point.

"Isn't that weird?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Blinking a few times to try and sort out the side-show of Anei waving her tail around (and looking at their own - Satori was sure there was some kind of unspoken rule about tail-related-personal-space) Satori shook her head once before shrugging a shoulder. "I've never seen a blonde panther before, no. Armel has blonde hair, but his tail and ears are both white, as is his true form." She mused. "But there is definitely panther in you, I can smell it. There is just perhaps another breed of feline." This she said slowly, managing to catch Mori's gaze for a few seconds before he visibly lifted a shoulder in a non-committal shrug.

Kaga's business had always been Kaga's own business; retrospect wasn't their business at all. It was still... interesting, though. Especially considering the fact that Zetsubou was fully panther. One potential flaw in the theory, but they still had to try. Everything just seemed right, and it was insanely rare for a panther cub to go missing. Add that to the fact that the cub was never recovered, only presumed dead...

"We might as well start moving while there's still sunlight." She said, rising to her feet and nodding in the direction they would be taking, Mori immediately starting off into the forest to scout out the route without a backward glance. "Unless you have any objections to that?"

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:15 pm

"None at all, nada, zip, zilch and you know... nope" Anei grinned, hefting her bag once again and scooping up Kietsu.

"All ready to go!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Satori quirked a smile, made a quick check to be sure that they hadn't left any obvious traces of their presence behind, and then strode off after Mori; keeping a constant ear out to make sure that Anei was keeping up. It would be problematic, yes, when they got to the clan, but they could figure it out once they were there. Satori wanted to know if they were right; had to know if they were right. Zetsubou could still have a sister, and that was important regardless of the clan's reaction to them returning. She owed Kaga, and she would make sure that this was done, just in case the girl turned out to be who they suspected she was.

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:54 pm

"So does this mean I'm a cross-breed?" Anei asked, trotting along after the other two, trusting them to pick the best path through the forest. "Cause I've never met a cross-breed before! I mean I've heard of Hanyou before, but everyone says I shouldn't care about halfbreeds like that, does that mean people shouldn't care about me? Because I think that's dumb, Granny always said love is love no-matter who the lover is or how unfortunate it might be. I never really got that though because isn't love a good thing? She never would explain what she meant by unfortunate. She said I'd understand as I grew up. Well I grew up, and I still don't get it."

Regarding Satori's back as she ducked to avoid a lowlying branch, Anei hummed in thought.

"Do you think she meant that it was unfortunate that they loved a specific person? Like a human or someone from an opposing clan? Or the love itself? Because there was this girl, Nata, that I grew up with that really liked this guy, Ichigo, but Ichigo didn't know Nata liked him and he asked another girl, Tamori, to marry him and Nata was really heartbroken but told me that she'd still do anything for him as long as it made him happy. I don't get that, because it just made her get more and more sad until eventually gran had to step in. Gran knows everything about everyone in the clan, even if they don't. Anyway, Gran stepped in and told Nata that she had to go away and stay with her family in the mountains. Which I thought was unfair because why was she getting sent away just because she was in love? But Nata just smiled at Gran and said thankyou and before she left she went up to Tamori and hugged her and then they were both crying and then Nata just left."

Stopping for a breath Anei shook her head and continued on sadly;
"I didn't get it though, if Ichigo didn't love Nata why didn't she just find someone else to love? I still don't get it. Is that what Gran meant by unfortunate? Because if it is, I don't ever want to be in love, or for anyone to love me!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Generally speaking, Mori was pretty quiet most of the time. He was angry, stewing over how badly things had worked out, how much he didn't want to be oath-bound to her, she imagined. She didn't really speak much either, far too preoccupied by mentally churning over what she was meant to do next; exactly how the hell they were meant to bounce back from everything that had happened - so really, conversations and talking just didn't happen while they were moving. not unless one of them spotted something, or they had to change route.

So being exposed to rather continues spiels about love of all things was entirely out of the left field for the panther. Mori's ear twitched and she leveled a glare at his back. Of course he was listening in. "I'm just... Going to try and start from the top there." Satori said eventually, tapping her fingers on her arm as she went, arms crossed over her chest and a small frown over her face. "Hanyou... It's- There's nothing wrong with caring about a half-breed - and you're not a half-breed in the way she meant, that generally only relates to the Hanyou." She said, lip pulling up over the word 'half-breed' like it was an insult. This, this was difficult to talk over. "Or humans, for that matter." She added finally, jerking her head in a nod, lightly skirting around a clump of roots. "It is much- I mean, I'm sure it's harder to uh, love someone from another clan, or a human... Not unfortunate. I wouldn't call it unfortunate. Just harder." She decided.

"Nata couldn't have just chosen to stop loving Ichigo, or choose to love someone else. Going away, that would have been easier for her, better. It's hard... But... You don't want there to be nothing." She said finally. "Even if it's just not for some people, sometimes it's out of circumstance, that there is nothing. Sometimes that is better. But it's not something you want to wish away. Not if there's a choice."

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Mulling over Satori's words for a while as she walked Anei frowned as she was thinking. Satori made love sound like a gift a spiky hedgehoggy gift that pricked you everytime it tried to come near you, but affectionate none-the-less.

"So love is kind of like Kietsu?" Anei grinned, using the logic that was easiest for her. "Something that bites you and makes you carry it everywhere, but still follows you wherever you go? ...Oh and happens to be stuck and your best friend"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:36 pm

"Sure, why not?" Satori asked, looking over her shoulder and raising an eyebrow at the girl who had just proclaimed the carried tortoise to be her best friend. "Different types of love, so that counts-"

Mori coughed, loudly, and there was something in there that just may have been a laugh. Maybe. If it weren't so completely impossible for that to be a sound that he made - he never laughed, never even batted an eyelid. She scowled immediately and her tail twitched rather violently through the air. "Careful. I'd hate for you to choke."
"As always, a true privilege being one of your beloved subjects."
"Was that... Sarcasm?"
"No, of course not. You're such a pleasure to be around." And yeah, that was mirth.
"Mori?"
"Princess?"
"Shut up."

Satori cleared her throat and rather pointedly carried on talking from where she had left off. "As I was saying; there are different types, it's always a little different, for people, but yeah, that sounds about the gist of it. As far as I'm concerned anyway."

bob the peach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Completely disregarding whatever it was that Satori had said Anei picked up her pace until she was walking side by side with Satori.

"You're a princess?!" She asked eyes wide, "That's so cool! Do you have a crown and retainers and stuff?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

"I have an extremely moody bodyguard." Satori said with a sigh, lifting a hand to press her palm against her forehead. Mori, to his credit, didn't do anything further than mutter something under his breath; it was in their own dialect again, and Satori scowled. "That, that was rude. It's actually more than a little complicated, at the moment." Satori admitted, sparing Anei a quick look before watching the trail again. "Which is why we're probably not going further than the direct territory when we get to this particular clan. We can take you there, and if it looks okay, liaise with them, but we won't be going with you the whole way."

She clamped one hand over her left shoulder, grimacing. "If there's anything to tell you about the panther tribes? It's all war and politics."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 pm

The trip had taken longer than expected. The town was still bustling after the havoc of the night before. Ayama deduced that the small town by the river bed was indeed not use to such behaviours. Every market stall and housed shopping seemed to believe that the woman in the cloak would be interested in every detail of the night before.
They didn't stop to think that maybe she had helped the con men escape, no matter how unwilling and unknowing that may have been.

By the time that Ayama returned to the man who was like a servant, it was nearly midday. Her arms were filled with the different goods she had purchased, all of which were for this Taro. She had bought him some clothes, very unfashionable ones at that. She had also procured a very unseemly hat in which to hide his hair. Travel would be slow enough without the humans stopping them to gawk/attack this 'demon.' A large sack bag was also part of the pile.

Ayama had also brought Taro some food. This she had not been stingy on. A lot was fruit and bread, this would be used for travel. If they so wished they could hunt for their own meat.
But as an apology, Ayama had spent a large portion of her gold on some of what she had learnt to be a favourite food of these celestial beings.

"Eat and then dress." She told him as she little more than three the newly bought gifts at him. "I want to make a little ground before sunfall."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 am

Taro looked up at her, nodding slowly and looking drained and far wearier than he should have, as he had barely moved from his position on the floor. He started pulling apart a piece of fruit, almost warily, before he actually took a bite and seemed to relax a little. "Thank you." He said, tone actually serious. She'd clearly gone out of her way to try and get things he would like; she had no reason to do that at all.

Some of his previous attitude came back somewhat after he had eaten and was peering at the clothing with something akin to horror. "Did you perchance go out of your way to find the most hidious clothes possible?" He asked, but gathered them together - and the hat - as he retreated to the trees on the fringe of the small clearing to change, face regaining its normal coloring with the necklace being close by again.

He emerged a few moments later wearing the ill-fitted clothing, frowning lightly and plucking at the sleeve before carefully bundling up his light blue Yukata, stuffing it into the bottom of the sack and packing away everything else as he did so. "I guess it could be worse." He sighed as he pulled on the hat, glancing at her in question as to whether it was satisfactory or not.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 am

Ayama smiled softly. It was an actual smile, rare and true. The expression quickly faded. "Until you learn to move like a commoner it'll have to do." She told him. "We'll stay off the roads unless we have no other choice. I'd rather we not run into anyone else."
The woman lifted the stick back up and lent heavily on it. "You're bag lady."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:35 am

"Obviously. You being bag lady would mean putting down that great thumping stick of yours." Taro commented, lifting the bag over his shoulder and smirking lightly as he glanced at her. "Shall we then? I'm sure people will actually avoid me, dressed like this. So even if we do run into someone..."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:40 am

Ayama chose not to give the other being an answer. She looked up at the sky for a moment before starting her walk.
It would be a long journey, and definitely not an easy one. She expected this from the beginning.
With each passing day the markings stood out more, their light shone brighter and the pain inside intensified. She just prayed that the Celestial being chose to keep his mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Mori had left Satori and Anei behind a short while ago, slipping off into the shrouds of the forest, all but vanishing into the shadows with practiced ease as he scouted out the path that they would be taking. It would be quite some time until they had reached the clan, and with double the risks, seeing as how they had to manage this without attracting the attention of any that were following them, if following them they were. He knew that guards that would have been giving that posting though, and it wasn't any of them whose scents he caught as he checked ahead.

Another panther. Travelling alone; and not one he knew. That in itself wasn't all that surprising - the clan alliegences were always in upheaval, and he never even knew every panther within his own clan, due to his position, but it meant that it was highly unlikely that they were there for Satori.

He wasn't one to just assume the best of anyone - still didn't entirely trust Anei, and probably wouldn't until they knew who she actually was - and so when he stepped out, making sure that the other would be able to see him, he did so with a hand casually resting on the hilt of his blade, entirely ready for attack but far too interested in the coincidence of yet another lone panther to pass it up. "Word of warning," he said evenly, "There's an armed human village a half day's travel in that direction."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 pm

"Good thing I wasn't planning on visiting." The panther replied evenly, though her voice was strained. She heavily favoured her left leg and her right hand was pressed against her side.
She was armed, though not heavily. "Thanks for the advice." Her words were almost bitter as she moved to pass him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 pm

"Wait." He said, turning so his eyes were still following the stranger, fingers still resting around the hilt of the sword, but stance shifting down from a fighter's balance, more casual, less tense. "You're injured." It wasn't a question, just a statement, and after a moment's consideration his hand entirely fell away from his sword. "I have medical supplies. If you're willing to explain what your business is here, I'll see what I can do for you." He wasn't speaking harshly, or with any form of demand, just carefully. It was customary to be careful in the more sequestered parts of the country, especially lately, and with the tribes all in upheaval, the stranger, whoever she was and with whatever clan alliance, would be well aware of that.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:04 pm

"How very kind." The stranger sneered as she turn to face him. "My own kind offering me help when it was the very same kind which gave me these injuries." She held onto her side tighter. "What good would healing me be?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:07 pm

"My charge and I don't hold clan alliegences." Mori said, by way of explanation. "So we have no part in whatever quarrel you're in."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   

Back to top Go down

The beginning.
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next