RP World

Choose between different RPs, create a character and join in.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The beginning.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:05 am

"What if you actually had to live down here instead?" Amaterasu asked. "Never aging, but always seeing the people around you dying." She sighed softly. "Must be lonely."

Ayama stopped walking to turn and face the three behind her. "You're subtlty needs improving." She frowned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:32 am

"I wasn't going to go there, she's the one that danced over the line." Taro pointed out, side-stepping the woman and continuing to walk, arms folded loosely over his chest and a faint smile on his face. "I may have started it, but you can't blame me for the escalation."

---

Mori didn't know exactly where they were headed, but right now, 'away' seemed to be a pretty good option, at least in his books. They had spent another four days trekking through the dense forest, the monstrous mountain that had always been just on the edge of the horizon placed directly in front of them for the sake of easy navigation, its peak - before it vanished into the clouds - easily visible through the canopy of leaves.

The closer they got to the mountain, the more sparse the population. 

That was something of a pretty big selling point right now.

"I still can't believe that you can cook." Satori said, glancing sidelong at Anei as they walked. "It's actually that big of a deal. We just don't cook. Nobody cooks, in this family. There is no cooking, solely because of safety and health reasons. I was half-convinced that it was some kind of curse or something."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:33 am

Ayama turned away and started to lead again in silence. She appeared to be lost in thought and no one would be able to get through to her.

Amaterasu sighed deeply. She was starting to regret coming.

-----

Karin followed, though it was from a slight distance. Her eyes and ears were open to all sights and sounds and possible attacks. She did occasionally join in conversation but for the most part kept to herself. This wasn't one of those times though.

With a slight frown, Karin stepped up to Mori's side. "They say those mountains are cursed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:30 pm

"And 'they' includes humans, and the panthers, and most demons, so it's a pretty nice looking spot right now." Mori said easily, entirely unconcerned, re-adjusting the strap for his over-the-shoulder blade as he walked, giving her a rare grin. "The higher the assumed danger, the safer we'll be."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:35 pm

"Though I do enjoy witnessing confidence, I do wonder if you're misplacing it." Karin said. She crossed her arms as she looked ahead. "Some of the safest looking places can hold the worst dangers."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:38 pm

"Which is exactly why you go for the obnoxiously dangerous places. It'll make sure they're off our tail, there's no way they'll come up here. Me and Satori have come pretty close to the mountain before, nothing but a few elementals; nothing we can't handle if we need to. It'll be fine; don't worry. If I was actually honestly concerned that we might be under threat, we wouldn't be anywhere near here. Confidence is one thing, but stupidity is something else. I'm not going to knowingly put anyone in danger, if I can avoid it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:40 pm

"I'm not saying you will." Karin said. "I'm just saying be careful. I'm not usually one for folk law, but something just seems off."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:55 pm

"I'll keep an eye out," Mori said in agreement, he was already being careful, had been extra careful since they managed to bust out from the clan's territory, but it was a little safer with every passing day that didn't have them actively on the run from the trackers. "We'll be fine. Nothing's actually happened here for centuries."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bob the peach
Admin
Admin

Location : In that little place I like to pretend is the last dredges of my sanity

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:58 pm

"I wasn't always good at cooking" Anei shrugged, veering slightly from the group to look at an interesting flower and then jogging back to Satori's side, a completely normal occurrence for their travels, if there was one thing the group had learnt about Anei, it was that she did not focus on one thing at a time. Ever.
"Granny was the one who taught me, said I was one of the most difficult students she'd ever had."

"So no one has claimed that territory?"
Zetsubou asked, having drifted back to walk with Mori and Karin.
Unclaimed territory was unheard of, even human villages were claimed by some clan or god, whether to protect, cultivate or use as one would use cattle.

So save it for your own and the ones you can help.

- Blow up the outside world, Soundgarden
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:07 pm

"Maybe there's a reason why." Karin said. She folded her arms over her chest. "Though I won't object to your leadership anymore. Before you left, you would have been my superior, sir." She smirked to herself.

---

Ayama stopped her group from going any further. "Don't let the mountains lies over power you. The old gods placed a seal here long ago to stop anyone from entering their holy ground. The seal extends to stopping anyone who may wish to stop their return should they fall. Now we'll move out, keep your wits about you."

Amaterasu nodded, though her thoughts drifted. Who were these old gods and why were they so feared? Had the new gods some hand in their downfall?

"If I could, I'd love to ask these gods why they had such little faith in the wits of men." Yuki mused. "My wits are above par. I bet you my wits could tell others a riddle and dance a jig for days before the other wits even understood the first word."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:27 pm

"Maybe it's something to do with the fact that if you introduced another two levels of 'wits' you would probably end up talking yourself in a circle trying to explain exactly how your wits for by far outwits the other wits of the wits." Taro commented, striding almost casually after Ayama, but his posture was growing steadily more uneasy. It didn't take someone of his spiritual power to feel just how off this place seemed. It was almost oppressive.

---

"Nobody's claimed it." Mori confirmed with a quick shake of his head, the corner of his mouth up in a slight smirk at Karin. "And yeah, that's probably because there is a reason, which I'm going to hope is not going to be anything of a reason while we're passing through - we can't possibly have luck that bad. Though, actually," He mused with a slight pause, "No, okay, maybe there is a reason, and it'll probably end up apparent, considering. Then you can doubt me all you like again."

Satori huffed a small laugh at Anei, eyes roaming over the horizon. "I wouldn't have any trouble believing that. You should have seen some of my first attempts at cooking once Mori and I left."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:36 pm

"Not that I believe you're trying to convince yourself of your reason at all." Karin smiled softly to herself. "But I would never doubt you, sir. Doubt is something I reserve for people who don't know what they're doing."

---

"I managed to get along well enough with you." Yuki stuck his tongue out at Taro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:59 pm

"Yeah, don't sir me." Mori said finally with a grimace, rubbing the back of his neck and stepping along, casting a short glance at the woman beside him. "Not exactly leading a squadron anymore."

---

"That's only because my own wit is so far ahead of yours that the idea of getting caught up in your nonsense is completely below me." Taro grinned, stretching his arms out to the sides and neatly sidestepping a particularly large rock. "You mortals, you,"

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:03 pm

"No, just a band of unfortunates all looking for a new start." Karin said. "Though, if the situation calls for it I bet they could be better than a squadron any day... sir." She added just for fun. She nudged him with her shoulder playfully.

---

"Well, this mortal certainly knows how to please." Yuki lent in close. "Unless those sounds you made and that amazing orga-"

"Right! Stopping this now." Amaterasu pushed her way between them. "There are some present company who can't actually tune out your conversation."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Mori laughed, shaking his head and smiling wryly, gaze shifting to the side for a moment. "We'll see. So far we've endured nothing but a run in with the family and some adventures in domesticity - that's barely worth ranking against."

---

"But it's such a wonderful conversation!" Taro complained with an overly amused smirk creeping over his features the very moment that the mock-annoyed face had made its appearance, "I mean, sure, he is your brother, but for future reference, whenever he brags about his, uh, prowess?" He raised an eyebrow and gave a conspiratorial nod and then cut himself off to avoid what could very well end up as an elbow to the ribs.

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:16 pm

"Oh please, you could nearly keep up." Yuki scoffed. "You're just mad about the whole necklace stealing thing."

"I would be too!" Amaterasu frowned. "You took it during a very intimate moment. It doesn't seem right."
----

"But it's something." Karin told him. "And I'm pretty sure we proved ourselves well enough. You even punched a guy, and it was a lot harder than it needed to be. Though he was unarmed... And for personal reasons. Though punching someone helping you because it's 'taking out the competition' does seem a bit low." She rose her hands up in defence. "Just saying. I think you just wanted a chance to show off those muscles to the lady folk."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:56 pm

"So unbelievably mad." Taro agreed, shaking his head and sighing in a very forlorn manner. "It was a moment, Yuki, that we were having. An intimate moment, and you ruined it with petty theft. I might set you on fire, just a little bit, once I have it back. And I think Ama here won't defend you too much."

---

"Yes," Satori said in a monotone from behind them, having fallen back to converse with Anei. "Us ladyfolk, we really needed that display. And, oh, how we swooned. It's a good thing you were there, to catch us, with all of the swooning that we did. Could have been serious injuries, if there wasn't supervision."
"I was not 'showing off my-'"
"Yes, yes you were. Actually, Armel swooned, too." She added, "Though, in less of a-"
"For the last time, I wasn't-"
"Yes you were, Mori. For once, I think Karin and I are in agreement."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:31 am

"I would even supply the oil if needed." Amaterasu grunted, folding her arms over her chest.

Yuki looked between the two in shock and mock hurt. His mouth opened, as if too reply. Then it closed. Then it opened again. He soon grimaced and moved away quickly, knowing there was no way he would win this fight.

---

"And if we're agreeing." Karin motioned between her and Satori. "Then there's no way you can win this argument.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bob the peach
Admin
Admin

Location : In that little place I like to pretend is the last dredges of my sanity

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:52 pm

"Wait," Anei interrupted, "What was Mori showing off? He didn't have anything at the time so how was he showing anything off?"

This of course caused Zetsubou to snort loudly and misstep in his amusement, which in turn caused Anei to walk into his back and the two to go down in a confused heap of sibling. Which in turn made the two flail around like two fish trapped in the mud and for Anei to elbow Zetsubou in the nose, which caused Zetsubou to turn around and start noogying Anei until she started yelling at Zetsubou in earnest which all in all caused Kietsu to think that this is the first time that the two had ever acted like siblings in earnest.

It was quite a confusing moment for everyone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Karin rose an eyebrow but chose not to move to help. After all, this was probably the most exciting thing that had happened to them in just under a week. She lent close to Mori. "My money's on the little one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:00 pm

"I trained the guy who trained the guy." Mori commented with a shrug, still leaning in a little and feeling remotely like he ought to be betting something on this. "I'll look bad if she wins."

Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:15 pm

"She's spry." Karin told him. "And I bet she's got some skills under all that naivety and she's just about to show it. I bet my best blade on it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bob the peach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Zetsubou scowled down at his feet as he shuffled behind the group, he didn't lose, how in a fight where there was no technical winner counted as him losing. Anei had not beaten him.

Anei meanwhile was at the front of the group scowling at nothing in particular, unaware that by the groups standards the'd won her so called fight, all she knew was that Zetsubou was a giant freaking jerk and she refused to accept him as her brother because there was no way she could be related to such a jerk!

"You're a giant jerk!" Anei called over her shoulder, just so everyone would know exactly what she was thinking.

"Well you're a stupid little girl!" Zetsubou shouted in response, still fuming and proving that insults ran in the family like cooking.

"And you're a stupid boy with stupid hair!"

"Well at least I don't talk to a turtle!"

"He's a tortoise and his name is Kietsu you jerk-wad!" Anei scowled back before pausing mid-stride and turning around

"... Kietsu?"

Several miles off Kietsu had decided that he hated all demons and anything related to them.
Didn't they realise he was a Tortoise and therefore could not keep up with their fast stride.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graveside Rose
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:39 am

He never expected this. Angels, with all their talk of being all knowing and wrathful, they always stick to the more basic instincts of love, compassion and understanding. All she had to do was fake a few inner battles and he believed everything she said. After years of life, after witnessing the births, the raises and he destruction of so many civilizations, would she really want to give that all up?

He was the last piece of the puzzle. After his blood, his life forced combined with the blade and entered her body she was free. Free to control the powers that had been locked inside of her since the fall of the first and greatest civilization of all.

Long before the gods of today's time had even taken their first steps, she had been battling the stuff of legends. At first she had served them, then she housed them and now, thanks to a young and beautiful angel she now controlled them. She had fought their influence for the first thousand years or so, then she began to listen. They spoke of freedom, of escaping their cage within her but Ayama had devised another plan. A plan that had just fallen together oh so perfectly inside the cave of the ancients. She dropped the bloodied knife beside his body as a ghost of a smile appeared across her lips.

With a final look at the man below her, Ayama reached up and removed the object that was once symbol for all that he was. With a gentle movement, she bent down and placed the necklace upon his chest, her hand gently caressed his red stained hair. "You should never believe the ramblings of an old woman, Angel." She gripped his hair tightly as she lent in to whisper. "It will be the death of you."

An echo sounded towards the entrance of the room. A few hurried footsteps that came from her children. Though, they were too late she knew the truth. With a smirk she looked down at Taro. "Tell your boss I will be paying a visit very soon."
By the time the children arrived, their mother was long gone, leaving only the mangled body of the angel lying on the floor.
Yuki rushed to the mans side and looked for any sign of life. "Its faint, but he's still here." He looked up towards his sister, whose eyes were trained for any sign of movement.
"Lets get him out of here." Amaterasu told him. "We'll fix him up once we're safe."

Yuki lifted Taro into his arms and cradled him carefully. "Jesus, there's so much blood..."
Amaterasu looked over the man woefully. "What did she do to him..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezabela
Official Forum Addict
Official Forum Addict

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:46 am

The movement jostled Taro into consciousness, and he immediately tried to twist away from the contact - too disoriented to quite understand who had hold of him - but only managed to shift slightly, one bloodied hand clutching at the pendant as the fingers of his other hand wound themselves into Yuki's shirt, making a feeble attempt to push him away, too weak to do much more.

That only made everything burst back into pain again, and he choked on a breath, eyes squeezed tightly shut until it was manageable again. And- There was an entire wall between- Well, no, it wasn't even that, he was entirely cut off from his powers, his senses. Everything. There was nothing there. He couldn't reach out to it at all, could barely even sense that it was there, and the burst of panic was enough for him to force out a few words.

"She- She stole my powers, I'm... She took-"

The faint murmurs cut off, ears ringing and the pain was incredible and, God, he was going to pass out again. He might as well be human, like this, there was nothing there, he wasn't capable of anything. No tricks, no threads of power, no other form. No way out. There was no reason for them to not just leave him in the cave, now that their little family inspired quest was over. The only reason they had had kept him around in the first place was now gone.

The hand still half folded over his chest (pendant digging into his palm) felt warm, sticky, and- Blood, he was still bleeding, then. The dizziness came swarming back the moment he tried to open his eyes, and he tried to swallow, tried to breathe, tried to make sure that Yuki had heard anything he had said at all, because he didn't even know if he was speaking, couldn't hear anything over the strange ringing in his hears - but he was beyond terrified and going by the pain and the blurriness of his vision, he didn't have long to make his case.

"Don't... I can't- Help. God, help."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginning.   

Back to top Go down

The beginning.
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next